Hope you and your club have had a good weekend on the field? I want to update you on two crucial points:
- Kent Cricket Board Affiliation is now Kent Cricket – Community Affiliation and you can pay your club’s fees via this link – buy modafinil with bitcoin
- Thank you if you have already done this. We will be checking all payments this week but I believe under half of our clubs have paid which means those who haven’t are NOT affiliated to their County Board and this my void some of your insurance policies where discounts have been given for example.
National Cricket Playing Survey:
- Last year more than 37,000 current and former players nationwide responded to the survey – giving the ECB a fresh insight into how best to improve and support the grassroots game
- The survey was launched 4 weeks ago and with just 2 weeks left I urge you to complete it again
- There will be no email reminders or chase ups, no league tables and certainly no telephone calls to urge you to complete the survey this time round.
Put simply we have a problem and it seems to be everywhere, clubs and leagues that have until recently been exempt or largely unaffected by the decline in player numbers are starting to feel it. Everywhere I go I hear it is getting more difficult to recruit and retain juniors and to put adult teams out on the pitch. We are seeing concessions in places that we took for granted were immune.
Whilst there are as yet no easy answers, we need to ensure that we have heard from the players about why they are playing less frequently and our difficulty is that we tend to hear from the same people and whilst we are really grateful that they complete the survey it tends to drive certain types of response. So far this year we have around 7,700 responses but over 40% of those are from players aged 40+, 83% are our regular core players, 96% are male and 92% are white.
These are not the people drifting away from the game, they love the game and they don’t want it to change. Often they are involved in helping to organise it, in fact many of them will be captains who ironically know only too well what it is like trying to get a team of eleven together. Teams often made up at the last minute with someone’s mate who hasn’t played for a while but fancies a game. These are the people we need to hear more from, the last names on the team sheet and the women, and the black and Asian people and players in their twenties struggling to balance developing their careers with the game, or those who have childcare duties or those on zero hours contracts needing to be available at short notice. These are the people we are losing, these are the people who increasingly say ‘I’d love to play but’ when we ask them and inconveniently the very people who don’t tend to fill in surveys so we don’t hear from them and we don’t often consider their views.
The NCPS 2015 has been launched as a tool to fill these gaps. Complete it here – buy modafinil canada reddit
I would like to state again – I am not going to chasing you and reminding you to complete it, there will be no league tables and certainly no telephone calls to urge you to complete the survey this time round. I would just appreciate your support by sending this to your membership to capture those playing now, those who are thinking about returning, those who no longer play etc.
Thank you for taking time to read this email.
Community Cricket Director
Kent County Cricket Club, The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Old Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3NZ
t. buy modafinil online india m. buy modafinil amazon w: buy modafinil abu dhabi tw: buy modafinil no prescription